A Civil Company is a business partnership for professionals in recognised fields such as doctors, lawyers, engineers and accountants.
- Partners of any nationality can practice professional activities in accordance with DED business regulations.
- A Civil Company can be owned by professional partners of any nationality. If the owner is a National of a country other than the UAE or GCC, they require a Local Service Agent (LSA).
- A foreign company can be a partner in a Civil Company, as long as the foreign company is in the same profession as the civil company.
- A civil company for engineering must have one partner who is a UAE National, who owns no less than 51% of the business and must be an engineer of the same type as the business’s activity.
- A civil company can practice consultancy activities but must be 100% owned by professional partners of the same type as the business’s activity.
- A civil company can appoint one manager only as per DED business regulations.
- The capital shouldn’t be specified but mentioned in the Memorandum of Association.
- The trade name should be consistent and in proportion with the commercial activity of the firm.
- A civil company can have more than one branch. Each may undertake one or all of the activities included in the main business license.
Assignment of License:
- A civil company and/or its branches can be sold and waived to any party or company. The owner(s) can also change its legal form according to DED procedures.