Dubai stands as a global business hub, attracting foreigners to establish operations. With focused setup, come unmatched rewards. Also, explore the potential of social media for added possibilities.
Dubai’s E-trader license, introduced by DED, controls online sales via social media. This prevents fake goods sales and boosts customer confidence. With this license, sell products or services securely on social platforms, building an online business presence.
If you aim to operate from home using social media without renting an office, the e-trader license in Dubai is perfect for growing your business. It permits online business activities in Dubai.
What is the E-Trader License in Dubai?
The E-trader license in Dubai is a business license specifically designed for individuals who operate their businesses online, from the comfort of their homes. It was introduced by the Department of Economic Development (DED) in Dubai to regulate and authenticate online sales of products and services. The aim is to ensure the credibility and authenticity of these businesses. The E-trader license was launched in 2017.
E-trader license is ideal for individual entrepreneurs who don’t require a physical office space to conduct their business operations. It is available to UAE residents, expatriates, and GCC citizens, providing opportunities for a wide range of individuals to start and operate their online businesses in Dubai.
Remember that the DED e trader license only allows you to perform your business activities in the city of Dubai. If you want to perform business activities in any of the other Emirates in the UAE, you need to get the appropriate license from the respective authorities.
Who Should Get an E-Trader License in Dubai?
An E-Trader license in Dubai is meant for:
- Individuals and home-based businesses selling products online through websites or social media.
- Stay-at-home moms, housewives, and others selling items like handmade goods, fashion, and jewelry via various online platforms.
- Freelancers offering online services.
- Home-based businesses not requiring an office space (Ejari).
- Solo-owned home businesses not needing a local partner.
- Those engaged in e-commerce website sales.
- UAE and GCC nationals, along with select foreign expats.
- Applicants living in Dubai, aged 21 or above.
E-Trader License in Dubai for Expats
Expats seeking an E-Trader license in Dubai must first obtain a UAE residence visa or be GCC citizens. This can be acquired through employment, business ownership, or as a dependent under a spouse or parent’s sponsorship. Once you meet these criteria, you qualify for the E-Trader license.
Applying for an E-Trader License in Dubai:
Acquiring an E-Trader license is simple and swift:
- Visit DED Trader Website: Go to the DED Trader website and register an account.
- Provide Social Media Details: Share your social media account information.
- Pay License Fee: Complete registration and pay the AED 1070 E-Trader license fee.
- Renew Annually: Remember to renew the license annually.
Unlock Dubai’s E-Commerce potential. For any questions about the E-Trader license in Dubai, reach out to our business setup consultants.
Are You GCC National or a Local Resident? Get E-trader License Dubai at AED 4,050!
Today, social media serves as a powerful marketing tool, enabling businesses to flourish from the comfort of homes. This approach reduces setup and marketing costs, making it appealing. Social media platforms effectively spread the word about businesses, acting as both marketing tools and buyer-business owner interfaces.
The E-Trader license UAE was introduced to regulate social media-based business activities. This license is mandatory for businesses using social media. The Department of Economic Development (DED) manages the license issuance through a process known as DED Trader License.
Initially for Emiratis and GCC nationals in Dubai, expats can now apply too. Expats above 21 in Dubai can apply. However, there’s a distinction: Commercial and Professional Licenses. While Emiratis and GCC citizens can apply for both, expats can only apply for the Professional License, restricting them to professional services, not trading or product manufacturing.
Discuss your E-Trader license with our expert team. We provide guidance and manage the official process for you.
Advantages of E-Trader License:
- Dubai Economy (DED) trader license enables UAE citizens and GCC nationals in Dubai to conduct business via various social media platforms.
- This license is exclusively for individuals and cannot be used for operating a store or obtaining visas. The licensee bears sole legal responsibility.
- It curbs the sale of fake products on social media, ensuring authenticity.
- Builds customer trust for online transactions on social media platforms. By securing an e-trader license in Dubai, you can confidently sell goods or services through secure online channels.
Frequently Asked About DED E trader License in Dubai
How can I get e trader license in Dubai?
Visit dedtrader.ae, and follow these steps:
- Create a username and password.
- Input address and social media details for your project/business.
- Choose activity and trade name.
- Make payment and receive your license electronically.
What is a cost of an e trade license in Dubai?
The cost of a Dubai E-Trader license is AED 1070, with annual renewal required. Embrace Dubai’s E-Commerce potential. For inquiries about the E-Trader license in Dubai, contact our business setup consultants.
What is the difference between e trader license and e-commerce license in Dubai?
Difference Between E-Trader License and E-Commerce License in Dubai:
- Eligibility: E-Trader licenses are for UAE/GCC nationals, while E-Commerce licenses are open to foreign individuals too.
- Location: E-Trader licenses are for residential sites, requiring Makani documents. E-Commerce licenses have a broader scope.
What can I sell with e-trader license?
With an E-Trader license, you can sell various products and services online through legitimate social media accounts. This is beneficial for stay-at-home mothers, housewives, and anyone selling hand-made items, fashion, jewelry, and more on different online platforms.
How can we help you?
If you want to obtain an E-Trader license in Dubai for expats or UAE national, GCC national? but do not know where you get started, then you are in the right place. This is because Company Setup Consultants have helped various entrepreneurs and freelancers get started with their businesses and careers in the UAE. Contact us today and hit the ground running.
Check our website to book a free consultation with our experts and learn more about how to obtain an E-Trader license in Dubai; call +971 582595164. You can also send a WhatsApp message at +971582595164. For email assistance, mail your query at firstname.lastname@example.org