In order to set up a company in the UAE, a foreign entrepreneur can apply for an Employment or Investor Visa. The process of applying for an Investor Visa is quite simple and remains valid for 3 years, thus making it a popular method.
UAE Visas can be obtained in multiple ways. Mainly, there are five different types of visas to be chosen according to the company’s needs. The five types are as follows:
5 Types of Visas in Dubai
- Investor Visas: Investor visas provide a 3 year long temporary residence to foreign investors. Thus it is appropriate for foreign entrepreneurs who either want to start a business or already have a business in UAE.
- Employment Visas: As the name suggests, this type of visa is appropriate for employees who have received a job offer from a registered company in Dubai.
- Temporary Visas: Temporary visas permit an individual to stay in UAE for 90 days as long as it is sponsored by a friend or relative residing in UAE.
- Mission Visas: Mission visas allow an individual one-time entry into the country so it is perfect for those who have a short term work assignment.
- Visit Visas: This type is the best for a short visit to the country; it allows an individual to stay for 14 to 90 days depending on their nationality.
Companies which have applied for a trade license in Dubai as a free zone company, can bring in directors and staff to help run their business. A free zone trade license Dubai allows a fewer number of visa facilities compared to a mainland company. If the company requires more, they must lease out a physical office or a warehouse. Investor and Employment Visa holders are both allowed to apply for residency visas for their dependents. However, employment visa holders must meet a certain salary range and other requirements before they can apply for their dependents’ residence visa.
Requirements to obtain Visa:
- Applicant must remain in the UAE throughout the period from applying, until the passport is returned to them.
- Blood test and X-ray test results conducted at the UAE immigration departments must be submitted.
- Valid and original passport must be submitted.
- Attested and Legalized Educational Certificate is required for Employment Residence Visa or Professional i.e. Nurse, Manager, Engineer, etc.
Companies which have applied for a Dubai trade license as a mainland company can bring in more staff from overseas. Trade license renewal in Dubai must be taken care of annually no matter what, but one of the benefits of the mainland license is that it allows higher visa facilities. The bigger their office space, the higher the number of staff visas they can apply for.
Documents required for Investor Visa in Dubai:
Copy of original and valid passport
- A personal photograph on a white background
- Memorandum of Association (proving that the investor has shares or capital investment worth at least AED 72000)
- Trade License
- Immigration Establishment Card
- Proof of Partnership contract between the local agent and the foreign investor
- Previous 3 months’ Bank Statement
Setting up a company in Dubai involves a lot of work. When applying for trade license Dubai, trade license Dubai fees, trade license renewal, etc. there are numerous aspects to keep track of. On top of that, applying for visas and making sure all the requirements have been met is a lot of work and the easiest way to keep track of everything is to team up with experts such as Company Setup Dubai. They have professional consultants who are experts in the matter and can make it much easier for an individual to set up their company.
For further information and assistance on how to register your company in the UAE, speak with our experienced consultants. Book your FREE consultation today at +971 558654072, +971 4 3827780 or drop us a line on firstname.lastname@example.org