How to Get Commercial License in Dubai, UAE
Are you planning to to setup a business in Dubai? Do you want trading business activity in Dubai? then we need to get commercial license in Dubai.
As a result, a lot of foreigners have decided to select the UAE as their destination of choice for their investment and startups. That is why the government of UAE facilitates the intake of so many newcomers with various types of business trade licenses.
In short, the authorities provide these business trade licenses to better regulate the markets in the UAE.
One of the most popular business licenses in the UAE right now is the commercial trade license. However, people often confuse the general trading license with the commercial license in UAE.
To clarify, the commercial trade license and the general trading license allow different kinds of business activities that deal with different kinds of commodities.
For example, the trading of automobiles and software are allowed by the commercial license but not the general trading license.
Commercial License Dubai Activities List
If you want to perform your business activities legally in the UAE, then you will need to obtain the Commercial trade license that allows those activities first. Most importantly, obtaining a business trade license is one of the most crucial steps while starting your business in Dubai.
Here is the list of commodities that you can import, export, and trade with the commercial trade license Dubai:
- Medical Commodities
- Aircraft and train spare parts trading
- Bags and Packaging material trading
- Beauty and baby care essentials trading
- Animal skin trading
- Flowers and plants trading
- Home appliances trading
- Medical Commodities
- Surgical Equipment
- Cleaning services
- Advertising services
- Readymade Garments
- Computer Systems
- Communication Equipment
- Import and export
- Product-oriented sales (electronics, construction, shops, stores etc)
- Real Estate
- Rental business
Get E-commerce License in Dubai at AED 8,050 Only! Send Us Your Inquiry
Procedure to Get a Commercial License in Dubai
The responsibility of handling license registration goes to the Department of Economic Development in Dubai. This means that you will need to obtain the commercial trade license from the officials at the DED.
However, if it is your first time starting a business in the UAE, then it is highly suggested that you seek assistance from professionals.
Here are the steps you need to follow in order to obtain the commercial license in Dubai:
1. Select your business activities
The first step is to select the business activities you want to perform. However, if you are not sure which activities to select, then you can check the activity list and consult a business professional.
2. Select your company structure
You can choose from a wide array of company structures. However, the most popular ones in Dubai are Sole Proprietorship, General Partnership, and Limited Liability Companies.
3. Choose a trading name
You need to trademark a name for your company. You can only select names that do not already exist inside the UAE.
4. Obtain the initial approval
After you have decided on the essentials, you need to fill up an application form to obtain the initial approval from the Department of Economic Development in Dubai.
5. Select an office space
It is mandatory to acquire office space for your business in Dubai. However, if your specific business does not require a physical space, then you opt for virtual office space in Dubai.
6. Submit the documents and pay the fees
The last step is to submit the required documents and complete the payment connected with the payment voucher. After that, the DED will provide the commercial trade license within a few days.
Documents Required to Get a Professional License in Dubai
- Fill the name of the company in an application form. The name should be specified in both English and Arabic.
- Lease contract form connected with the registered address of the company.
- Sponsor/partner MOA
- Dubai Municipality Department permit sanctioning the business address
Advantages of Get a Commercial License in Dubai
The commercial license is one of the most popular business trade licenses in the UAE because of a couple of reasons. That is to say, it is also very to obtain from the authorities. For instance, new businesses can easily obtain it within a short period of time and start performing their business activities.
Here are the benefits provided by the commercial license in Dubai:
- You can select a maximum of ten activities to perform under one commercial trade license.
- You can choose from a wide array of company structures you want to register.
- You can conduct several similar business activities under one license.
- Trading companies that operate under a commercial license don’t need to be audited to renew their license.
- The procedure for obtaining a commercial trade license in Dubai is the easiest of all.
- There are no personal taxes, and the corporate taxes are very lenient.
- You can transfer all profits to your home country and move all capitals after liquidation as well.
- You can hire foreign workers and sponsor their visas if you have the required office space.
- The commercial trade license allows you to import foreign products and export your products overseas.
Documents Needed for Commercial License Renewal in Dubai
- Copy/original of license
- Registered address lease contract (copy)
- Concerned authority approvals (if needed)
- Information regarding staff’s accommodation, applicable to foreign shareholder firms.
- After you have accomplished the license renewal, the renewed trade license has an extended validity of 5 years.
Frequently Asked Questions on Commercial Trade License
What is a commercial license in UAE?
A commercial license in UAE is one of the business trade licenses in the country that enables you to perform selected business activities in the country. Therefore, if you want to perform certain commercial activities from the country, then you will have to obtain a commercial license in UAE.
After that, you will be able to perform business activities such as importing, exporting, and trading goods such as automobiles, computer systems, furniture, foodstuffs, readymade garments, virtual goods, software, etc.
How can I get a commercial license in Dubai?
The Department of Economic Development in Dubai is responsible for handling the registration of new businesses in Dubai. Therefore, if you want to obtain any of the business trade licenses to start a business in Dubai, you will need to register for it in the DED.
As a result, you can obtain a commercial license in Dubai from the Department of Economic Development in Dubai. Furthermore, we have discussed the step-by-step process of commercial license registration in Dubai.
What is a commercial license in Abu Dhabi?
The commercial license in Abu Dhabi lets companies in the city conduct certain business activities legally. This means that, if you want to perform your business activities legally in the city then you need to obtain a commercial license in Abu Dhabi.
As a result, if you want to start a business in the city, then the main step is to obtain a commercial license in Abu Dhabi. Additionally, there are other business trade licenses in Abu Dhabi that you can opt for as well.
How can Company Setup Consultants help you?
If you want to perform commercial business activities in the UAE, then you will need to obtain a commercial trade license in UAE. However, if you do not know where to get started and need assistance then we are here to help you. Contact us today and hit the ground running.
For further information and assistance on How to Get a Commercial License in Dubai, UAE. To Speak with our Experienced Business Consultants for further information and assistance, call us at +971582595164. Send a WhatsApp Message for Chat Query on +971 582595164 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.